Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Some books I have enjoyed recently

I realize there is a number of people out there who have been laying awake at night wondering "What has Shelly been reading these days?" Well, this blog is for you!

Erasing Hell by Francis Chan and Preston Sprinkle- I'm no expert on this topic, but I think the Chan man delivered here!

The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman- I know I am way behind on this train, but now I can finally answer next time someone asks me what my love language is! (Happens all the time.) I think this will be useful stuff to remember when working on a team of different people.

How to Get a Date Worth Keeping by Henry Cloud- My sister and several friends had read this and recommended it. It is pretty much opposite of a lot of dating books in the Christian sphere. I have this love/hate relationship with the information presented. I think he makes excellent points, but to actually apply it in my life would take some serious work!

Not A Fan by Kyle Idleman- I thought this was a good challenge book, especially for Christians living in the Bible-belt. And he is funny!

Mr. Darcy broke my heart by Beth Pattillo- I am pretty much a sucker for anything Jane Austen related, so when I saw this on clearance I gave in! The protagonist finds the original manuscript to Pride and Prejudice, so you get a different twist on the story.

Easy French Step by Step- I am learning French, easily and step by step.......kind of...

What about you? Any books to recommend?

1 comment:

  1. This is a really good one about the state of Christians/Church in America. It is a reflection of how a culture can completely encompass so much about what people see and experience in church that people don't actually see what God wants them to see...Himself.

    http://www.amazon.com/Cat-Dog-Theology-Rethinking-Relationship/dp/1884543170

    And if you want your head to hurt...

    http://www.amazon.com/Dont-Have-Enough-Faith-Atheist/dp/1581345615/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320301826&sr=1-1

    ReplyDelete