Saturday, July 9, 2011

Goodbye Dallas!

The picture below is from the Village Healthcare class I took with PBT. I volunteered to have a fellow student drop a nasogastric tube from my nose to my stomach. It was….not fun, but not awful either! am glad I did it. This 9 day course is sooo helpful and practical; we have great teachers and a great textbook to take with us on the field.  We give shots, learn catheterization, sterilization, simulate deliveries, and a lot of other procedures that we should know when living out in the bush away from medical care. We also have case studies and lectures on basic healthcare principles.
       After this course ends next week, I will move home to finish raising support. My goal is $3000/month. I have almost 60% pledged in monthly gifts by churches and individuals who want to be part of my ministry with Pioneer Bible Translators. Our goal is to reach the people and see a network of churches planted as the Word of God transforms their lives. This is a huge task, but 2 things I want to emphasize - 1. It is God’s mission; it is His will and heart for the nations that drives us. 2. It takes a TEAM! Not just overseas missionaries, but the entire Church involved through prayer and support.
Ways to join my financial team:
      

               1.   Mail a check made out to Pioneer Bible Translators (DO NOT put my name anywhere on the check) to
                          PBT
                          c/o Dean Tyler
                          240 Green Valley Road      
                          Inola,    OK 74036
                2.  Go to www.pioneerbible.org,
                Automatic withdrawal-click “give” and choose “bank authorization form,” print and fill it out and include a voided check to the address listed for automatic withdrawal option

              By credit card-click “give,” “give by credit card,”  then “teams” and select “ministry of Tyler, Shelly” in the drop down menu 


          So, from now until my support needs are met I will be meeting with individuals and groups. I will share my vision and plans to see if they want to be a part of my ministry through financial and prayer support. My teammate Brittany and I have set a goal of leaving for language school in France this fall, so we hope to be fully funded by then. If you would like to meet with me or have a Sunday School class, small group, etc. that I can present at I would love to! Email me at shellytyler00@gmail.com  or call me at 918-894-3583. I also have some documents that detail our plans that I can send to you via email if you would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment