Thursday, November 22, 2012

Lazy Post

Lately every time I sit down to write a post, I can't decide where to start. Too many themes I could start on, I get overwhelmed and decide to do it later! So, instead of forming a cohesive and thoughtful piece of writing, tonight I think I will just take advantage of this good internet connection to give you some random blurbs of life in Guinea thus far:

-We buy our bread on the street, and then flame it over the the stove to kill any fly eggs that may  have made homes there

-We bleach our fruits and veggies before eating them (well not everyone does this, but many westerners do)

- I learned how to make homemade tortillas, yummy, but a lot of work!

-I had my first fresh coconut, and drank all the milk out of it-  which I heard has like ten times more potassium than a banana.

-I have been terrible at taking pictures here, I just feel lame every time I pull it out- so I stopped, I promise eventually I will show some real Arica-y type images!

- Climbing in and out of a landcruiser in a long skirt gracefully and non-harmfully.....more difficult than I thought

I am seeing that most of those things have to do with food in some way....lol, well that pretty much sums it up, I think outside of ministry, food has been a big topic of conversation in both my orientations, procuring and preparing food becomes such a bigger deal when you have no walmart to go to!
Voila my lazy post, Happy Thanksgiving my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment