Monday, December 17, 2012

Cool story


I meant to get this story in writing soon after I heard it at a conference in Kentucky, that was two years ago now. It has been on my mind the last couple of days, so I finally used that wonderful internet contraption and found that message online!  As he shared this story with thousands of strangers, I am taking the liberty of passing it along.

 Dr. Walt Larimore is a very accomplished physician and well known in his field, and his whole message was powerful; but this story is what I remember the most. I generally cry when I tell it, so it is a good thing I am typing now! To get the whole message you can go to http://www.medicalmissions.com/learn/resources/a-person-is-a-personno-matter-how-small

The doctor was working in his early years as a general family practitioner in a small North Carolina town. He and his wife struggled with the miscarriage of their second child. Right after the miscarriage, Larimore cursed God, but then turned to the Word and felt enveloped by invisible arms, that brought peace and comfort and in the end he turned back to Jesus.

  One day sometime after this, seventh grade boy named Danny came to his office with an injured arm, he had been injured while playing football. Instead of just a broken bone, they found bone cancer and they had to amputate his arm in an effort to eradicate the cancer. Though all this time, Danny was more than a conqueror, he trusted in God and was joyful through losing his arm, he was, he said “God is good, and this is not what I would have chosen, but this is what he chose.” 

Later they found that the cancer had spread, and the cancer research center sent Danny home to die. He was Dr. Larimore’s first hospice patient, and he visited Danny several times a week. He was often unconscious due to the medications, and Dr. Larimore took his hand and prayed that his passing would be peaceful. That is when Danny opened his eyes and said “It will be, don’t worry- I know I won’t be much longer, but I know where I am going.”
The doctor asked “where?”
“Heaven”
“How do you know for sure?”
Danny paused and said “Because Azar told me so.”
“Who is Azar?”
 “You don’t know Azar? He is my guardian angel, he comes and sits with me and we talk about heaven. He’s big and he is strong, and he has golden hair, he has a big sword, Azar said it will be him who takes me to heaven, and that is how I know.  You haven’t met him? You are sure?”
“Not that I remember.”
“That’s very interesting.”
 “Why is that very interesting?”
“Well because he says he is your guardian angel too, and your wife’s and Kate’s (Larimore’s first daughter). Azar was with you the night you lost your baby, it was Azar who took your baby to heaven, it was Azar who held your wife as she wept, and it was Azar who held you after you cursed God.”
Dr. Larimore says that nobody knew about that, not even his wife.

And that’s it, the rest of the message is great, follow this link above to hear all of it. But is that not an amazing story? Isn’t God great? I hope you were touched and that you were drawn closer to the heart of God by that account.

No comments:

Post a Comment