Monday, December 31, 2012

A review and revision of resolutions


It’s that time of year again-resolution time! I actually wasn’t gonna do them this year, but then I was looking at last year’s blog and realized that yes, actually I will give it another go. So, below are last year’s resolutions in italics, with a review of how I fared, and revisions for 2013:

    1. Spiritual- I want to really work on scripture memorization this year, I should probably name a quantity to keep me accountable....lets say a passage (vague on purpose) a week-Fail, echec, ail-fay, and any other language you would like to say it in. I did good maybe the first month.  So, this year I am revising my goal, making it more attainable and realistic- one passage a month. Start small and hopefully grow from there.

    2. Intellectual- this one is easier, I just discovered i-tunes free weekly podcasts, they have ones on economics, science, history, all kinds of things I will never sit down and read about but can listen to a podcast about!
Well, I did indeed listen to podcasts for like two weeks, then I realized how massive itunes was slowing down my already burdened computer, and deleted it. So I didn’t get any smarter this year.  But, in 2013, I will read some already-on-my-kindle history and science books to expand my horizons.
   3. Physical- one word: jogging. No diet resolutions this year, come on people I live with Brittany Bedford!
- yep, did it! Not everyday, but fairly consistently all year, it was so cool to jog among the mountains in France! This year it is p90x workout videos in my house, bring on the Micheal Scott-ish workout trainer in 2013!

4. Social- I will not hole up in my room and hide from French-speaking people, I will talk to them and make mistakes but build relationships through it! Ch-ch-check! Though my French is nowhere near perfect, I did indeed accomplish this resolution. This year all I have to do with this resolution is change the word French to my new language and voila!

  ok folks, hold me to it:) Happy New Year, love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment